Dual Enrollment 2.0
Dual Enrollment is a program that allows you to take courses at one of the Tech Centers while still enrolled in your high school. Why wait until graduation, when you can start earning college credit and prepare for your career today?
High school students who are 16 years of age in grades 11 and 12 may attend the tech centers either a full- or half-day and earn elective credits to obtain a career. Students must take a minimum of three elective credits to be dual enrolled at the tech center. Participating students, meeting all established requirements, will graduate from their home high school and be eligible to participate in extracurricular activities including the graduation ceremony. There is no tuition or charge for books (unless books are consumable); however, lab fees, materials costs, equipment and/or uniform costs may apply.
Students attending a full day take both career courses and required academic classes. Academic classes are offered online in a tech center computer lab or on personal time via home computer. Students can attend the tech center full-time while still belonging to their home high school and they earn academic credits while beginning on their path to college and career readiness.
- Attend classes at the tech center
- Enjoy your home high school activities
- Earn college credit, industry certification and career skills
- Free bus transportation to and from your home high school
- Full-time and part-time available
- Over 50 careers to choose from
- Be at least 16 years of age on the first day of school in August
- Possess a 2.0 un-weighted grade point average
- Be on target for graduation
- Be able to graduate from high school with his/her class with the electives earned at the tech center
- Consult with home high school guidance counselor to ensure coursework meets graduation requirements
TECH CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Contact your home high school counselor or tech center dual enrollment coordinator below: